There are several different ways to cleanse your crystals. I always say to go with whatever way feels right to YOU! The only exceptions are that there are certain crystals that shouldn’t be cleansed in certain ways (for example some disintegrate in water). You will find more information on those situations below. Choose one of the methods below:
1. Place it under the light of a full moon/sun for 24 hours.
2. Bury it in the earth (make sure you mark it!), for 24 hours.
3. Place your crystal to be cleansed in a bowl of tumbled hematite stones or tumbled quartz crystal.
4. Smudge your crystal with sweetgrass, sage, cedar or incense. Pass the crystal several times through the wafting smoke.
5. Run your crystal under room temperature or luke warm water.
6. Place in Sea Salt Water. One teaspoon of Sea Salt in a glass bowl in cool water. Place the crystals in the water. Make sure the crystals are covered with water. Let them bathe in the water for 24 hours. This is a wonderful way to rejuvenate the power of your crystals. It washes away the negative energy it has absorbed and recharges it with the positive healing energy again. (Note: Some crystals should NOT be washed/cleansed in salt water/sun for it changes their physical properties, not their metaphysical properties, they are listed below).
Not to be cleansed in Salt Water:
*Use caution only with the softer Mica and crystaline stones
May fade in Sunlight:
7. Crystal clusters make great chargers and can cleanse any crystal by placing it on top of the cluster for 24 hours.
8. Soaking your crystal in flower water with the petals of the flowers such as rose, honeysuckle, orange blossoms for 24 hours will cleanse the crystal of all it’s negative energy. If a particular crystal should not be placed in water, simply place them in a bowl of flower petals.